We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice is to explain how we may use personal information we collect before, during and after your membership with us. This notice explains how we comply with the law on data protection, what your rights are and for the purposes of data protection we will be the controller of any of your personal information.
This notice applies to you if you are either:
- an individual who has registered her interest in participating in Fit For Life Mums/Fit Mums Ltd memberships, programmes or other services; or
- a member of Fit For Life Mums/Fit Mums Ltd or a participant in one of their programmes
References to we, our or us in this privacy notice are to the Fit Mums Ltd (Fit For Life Mums), 16 Ellingham Way, Northwich, Cheshire CW9 8UF
We have not appointed a Data Protection Officer to oversee our compliance with data protection laws as we are not required to do so, but our Data Management Team (DMT) has overall responsibility for data protection compliance in our organisation.
Contact details are set out in the "Contacting us" section at the end of this privacy notice.
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
When you sign up for membership with us, you may provide us with or we may obtain personal information about you, such as information regarding your:
o personal contact details that allows us to contact you directly such as name, title, email addresses; home address and telephone numbers;
- date of birth;
- membership details including start and end date;
- records of your interactions with us such as telephone conversations, emails and other correspondence and your instructions to us;
- any credit/debit card and other payment details you provide so that we can receive payments from you and details of the financial transactions with you;
- records of your attendance at any events or sessions hosted by us;
- details of next of kin, family members, coaches and emergency contacts;
- images in video and/or photographic form and voice recordings; and
- your marketing preferences so that we know whether and how we should contact you.
2. SPECIAL CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information regarding you:
o information about your health, including any medical condition, health/injury/sickness records, medical records and health professional information that you share with us;
We may not collect all of the above types of special category personal information about you. In relation to the special category personal data that we do process we do so on the basis that
- the processing is necessary for reasons of substantial public interest, on a lawful basis;
- the processing is necessary to enable Fit For Life Mums/Fit Mums Ltd and its coaches to offer you the best service in the safest way;
- it is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- based on your explicit consent.
In the table below, we refer to these as the “special category reasons for processing of your personal data”.
3. WHERE WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
We typically collect personal information about our members when you submit a form either via our site at www.fitforlifemums.co.uk to become a member of Fit For Life Mums/Fit Mums Ltd or via an advertising campaign through FaceBook or similar platform; to purchase any services or products we offer online; when you make a query and/or complaint; once you become a member and we request personal information regarding health & emergency contact details or when you correspond with us by phone, e-mail or in some other way.
If you have an interest in Fit For Life Mums/Fit Mums Ltd we also may collect personal information about you from referrals by current members or friends.
If you are providing us with details of next of kin, family members and emergency contacts they have a right to know and to be aware of what personal information we hold about them, how we collect it and how we use and may share that information. Please share this privacy notice with those of them whom you feel are sufficiently mature to understand it. They also have the same rights as set out in the “Your rights in relation to personal information” section below. Please note that we only store this information for the purpose stated – emergency information will not be shared with other organisations or used for marketing purposes.
4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
The table below describes the main purposes for which we process your personal information, the categories of your information involved and our lawful basis for being able to do this:
For some of your personal information you will have a legal, contractual or other requirement or obligation for you to provide us with your personal information. If you do not provide us with the requested personal information we may not be able to admit you as a member or we may not be able to properly perform our contract with you or comply with legal obligations and we may have to terminate your position as a member. For other personal information you may not be under an obligation to provide it to us, but if you do not provide it then we may not be able to properly perform our contract with you.
Where you have given us your consent to use your personal information in a particular manner, you have the right to withdraw this consent at any time, which you may do by contacting us as described in the "Contacting us" section below.
Please note however that the withdrawal of your consent will not affect any use of the data made before you withdrew your consent and we may still be entitled to hold and process the relevant personal information to the extent that we are entitled to do so on bases other than your consent. Withdrawing consent may also have the same effects as not providing the information in the first place, for example we may no longer be able to provide certain member benefits to you.
5. DIRECT MARKETING
Email, post, social media and SMS marketing: from time to time, we may contact you by email, post or SMS with information about products and services we believe you may be interested in.
We will only send marketing messages to you in accordance with the marketing preferences you set. You can then let us know at any time that you do not wish to receive marketing messages.
6. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share personal information with the following parties:
- Any party approved by you.
- Our other service providers: for example, TeamUp, Kajabi, FB, GoCardless etc – if you require further information please contact us by using the details set out in the "Contacting us" section below.
- The Government or our regulators: where we are required to do so by law or to assist with their investigations or initiatives.
- Police, law enforcement and security services: to assist with the investigation and prevention of crime and the protection of national security.
We do not disclose personal information to anyone else except as set out above.
7. TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION INTERNATIONALLY
The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the UK and the European Union. Some of these jurisdictions require different levels of protection in respect of personal information and, in certain instances, the laws in those countries may be less protective than the jurisdiction you are typically resident in. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is only used in accordance with this privacy notice and applicable data protection laws and is respected and kept secure and where a third part processes your data on our behalf we will put in place appropriate safeguards as required under data protection laws. For further details please contact us by using the details set out in the "Contacting us" section below.
8. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
The duration for which we retain your personal information will differ depending on the type of information and the reason why we collected it from you. However, in some cases personal information may be retained on a long-term basis: for example, personal information that we need to retain for legal purposes will normally be retained in accordance with usual commercial practice and regulatory requirements. Generally, where there is no legal requirement we retain all physical and electronic records for a period of 6 years after your last contact with us. Exceptions to this rule are:
- Those who cease to be members – information will be deleted after 12 months of membership ending.
It is important to ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and up-to-date, and you should let us know if anything changes, for example if you change your phone number or email address.
9. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the following rights in relation to your personal information:
- the right to be informed about how your personal information is being used;
- the right to access the personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you;
- the right to request the erasure of your personal information in certain limited circumstances;
- the right to restrict processing of your personal information where certain requirements are met;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal information;
- the right to request that we transfer elements of your data either to you or another service provider; o the right to object to certain automated decision-making processes using your personal information.
You should note that some of these rights, for example the right to require us to transfer your data to another service provider or the right to object to automated decision making, may not apply as they have specific requirements and exemptions which apply to them and they may not apply to personal information recorded and stored by us. For example, we do not use automated decision making in relation to your personal data. However, some have no conditions attached, so your right to withdraw consent or object to processing for direct marketing are absolute rights.
Whilst this privacy notice sets out a general summary of your legal rights in respect of personal information, this is a very complex area of law. More information about your legal rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/.
To exercise any of the above rights, or if you have any questions relating to your rights, please contact us by using the details set out in the "Contacting us" section below.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information, you can also complain to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office or your local data protection regulator. We are here to help and encourage you to contact us to resolve your complaint first.
10. CHANGES TO THIS NOTICE
We may update this privacy notice from time to time. When we change this notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
11. CONTACTING US
In the event of any query or complaint in connection with the information we hold about you, please email
or write to us at Fit Mums Ltd, 16 Ellingham Way, Northwich, CW9 8UF